Texana / Genealogy
Translate / Traducir

Texana's Blog

April 29 in San Antonio history…
1927 Temple Beth-El is dedicated. 1974 WOAI Radio has been sold by Avco Broadcasting to Clear Channel Communications, Inc. for $1.5 million.  Principal owners in the Clear Channel firm are businessmen B.J. “Red” McCombs and L. Lowry Mays. Avco had owned WOAI since 1965.  The sale does not affect WOAI-TV, which is still owned by Avco. 1984 The Cody […]

April 28 in San Antonio history…
1935 A carnival ride in Milam Square collapsed, injuring eight people. 1958 Two tornadoes (later rated F3 and F4) strike Bexar County in the area of Helotes, killing two people and injuring twenty. 1982 A developer has announced plans for a 28- acre Islamic-oriented condominium and retail center to be constructed on the northwest side […]

April 27 in San Antonio history…
1968 San Antonio Woolco stores offer San Antonio housewives the opportunity to trade-in their husbands. They offer 10 to 15 cents per pound of the husband’s weight toward the purchase of Whirlpool appliances. 1974 A 22-year old streaker jumped on a float in the Fiesta Flambeau parade.  He was arrested on a disorderly conduct charge, pled […]


African American Funeral Programs of San Antonio
Visit The Portal to Texas History to view San Antonio Public Library's collection of African American funeral programs. The collection consists of over 1,000 programs that date from 1935 to present day and depicts the African American community in Bexar County.

Texana's Hours
DayWeek Ending 04/30/2016
Sun.Closed
Mon.Closed
Tue.12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Wed.9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thu.12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Fri.9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sat.9:00 am - 5:00 pm

*** The Texana Department observes the following library closures .
Texana's Events

Texana's Photos

Roy Tanck's Flickr Widget requires Flash Player 9 or better.

Get this widget at roytanck.com

Back to Top  Back to Top