A caravan of camels went down Main Street on their way to Camp Verde.
Less than an hour after a Texas League game that saw the San Antonio Indians lose, 5-3, to the Dallas Steers, a fire is reported in the stands at League Field located at Josephine and Isleta streets. Less than three minutes after he flames were first seen in the northwest section of the grandstand, they had spread over the entire structure, which was built to seat 7,500 people. Firemen believed a cigarette stub may have caused the fire. Homer H. Hammond, president of the San Antonio Baseball Club, estimated the loss to the club at $58,000, including equipment for night games.
The 66-year-old Elks Building at Navarro and Pecan streets (right) becomes the first building to be imploded in San Antonio. The building was the former home of the Travis Club and was immortalized on the boxes for Travis Club cigars.