Workmen begin conversion of the Princess Theater on Houston Street into Blum’s Department Store. It was purchased in 1931 by Frost Brothers. The building still stands at 217 E. Houston Street.
The newly reconstructed Olmos Dam is dedicated.
Bexar County commissioners re-enact the cornerstone laying ceremony of Dec. 17, 1892 at the site of the new County Justice Center. The ceremony starts at 3 p.m. with a short parade which includes horse-drawn carriages carrying members of Commissioner’s Court and their wives, Sheriff Harlon Copeland, the Bexar County Sheriff’s Mounted Posse, County Clerk Bob Green, a color guard and the Theodore Roosevelt High School Rough Rider Band. A time capsule will be buried during the ceremony.