Vance & Bros. give one lot of land, for the erection of an Episcopal place of worship, to St. Mark’s congregation. Mr. S. A. Maverick also donates four city lots for church purposes.
The $2,000,000 Aurora Apartment Hotel opens in the Tobin Hill area at Howard and Laurel streets across from Crockett Park (right).
A drastic Army economy program today consigned Camp Stanley ammunition storage installation to mothballs. Camp Stanley, originally known as Camp Funston and located north of Leon Springs was established in 1917 for infantry training.