Sunday, May 19, 2019

Events & News

Categories

May 14 in San Antonio history...

1926veramendi
After being in storage for many years, the doors to the Veramendi Palace (right) were donated to the Alamo Museum today by John James.  Mr. James, along with the late Capt. F. F. Collins, has owned the doors since the old palace was razed about 15 years ago. The doors are made of hand-carved cedar and are so heavy that it takes six men to lift one.

1940
The newspapers advertise nylon hosiery, offered for sale for the first time at 9 a.m. the following morning at many San Antonio department stores, including Joske’s.

1993
An early grand opening is held at the Alamodome by invitation only.

Print
Categories: Texana
Rate this article:
5.0