Sunday, January 17, 2021

Events & News

Categories

December 3 in San Antonio history...

1869
The Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word formally dedicate Santa Rosa Hospital, then known as Charity Hospital, located at Cameron and Commerce Streets.  An advertisement in the San Antonio Express promises that the Infirmary will be open to “all persons without distinction of nationality or creed.”

1913
Torrential rains cause widespread flooding throughout downtown San Antonio.

1957
Police rush into a downtown store today just in time to deliver an 8 lb. 6 oz. boy.  Playing stork are two rookie policemen who have been on the job less than a week.

Print
Categories: Texana
Rate this article:
No rating