Sunday, May 16, 2021

Events & News

Categories

April 21 in San Antonio history...

1867
The first San Antonio Baseball Club is organized. J. S. Lockwood, president; Russell Norton, secretary.

1889
Juan N. Seguin, in a letter to General Bee of this city, positively asserts that the charred bones and ashes of the Alamo defenders, burned by Santa Anna’s orders, were collected in an urn and deposited in a grave which Seguin had dug inside of the cathedral of San Fernando, in front of the altar close to the railing. (from the April 21, 1889 San Antonio Light newspaper)

1936
Three local chapters of the Daughters of the Confederacy were protesting today the removal of the monument in Travis Park.  The monument is to be removed in favor of a $100,000 memorial.

Print
Categories: Texana
Rate this article:
No rating