Sunday, June 13, 2021

Events & News

Categories

May 12 in San Antonio history...

1906
Miss Clara Driscoll told a newspaper reporter at the Menger Hotel this morning that she expects that the Alamo will be taken from the custody of the Daughters of the Republic and further express a sentiment of regret that it had not “been done long ago in order to have shielded the sacredness of the historic structure from the unfortunate imbroglio which has recently arisen over its custody.”

1924hearst
The Hearst Corporation buys the San Antonio Light newspaper.

1957
The $100,000, 3.2 mile “Brackenridge Eagle” railroad track begins carrying its first passengers around Brackenridge Park.

Print
Categories: Texana
Rate this article:
No rating