The Schaefer Branch Library serves as a destination for learning and engaging with others in the community and contributes to the quality of life for residents of District 2. Libraries fill a critical need for our youth, and we are so excited to share our dynamic Library services and resources with families in District 2.
The Schaefer Branch Library is 11,000 square feet and features:
- A Robust Collection of Materials
- Collaborate Space (Digital Meeting Room)
- Quiet Study Rooms
- Dedicated Children’s Space equipped with early literacy technology and technology for school-aged children
- A hands-on activity area in the Children’s Space
- Dedicated Teen Space equipped with mobile technology
- Community Flex Space with embedded technology
- A Playground
- A public art piece by artist Cakky Brawley
The Library has been very fortunate to have the support of City leaders like Mayor Ivy R. Taylor, Councilman Alan Warrick and Sheryl Sculley, our City Manager, to accomplish our mission in the community. We thank all who have supported us in making this vision become a reality – the Schaefer Family, District 2 Branch Library Initiative, San Antonio Public Library Foundation, the Rotary Club and many others from the community who shared their input with us as we have planned this new branch library.